Many of you have probably heard of green smoothies. They should be healthy and tasty and help to give more vitality. Let’s go back to those claims and find out what’s actually behind them green superfood reviews.
Green smoothies usually consist of one third fruit, one third green leafy vegetables and one third water. They are full of vitamins, minerals, trace elements and everything that is important for a good start to the day. Eating five servings of fruit and vegetables a day was almost impossible for me in the past. Thanks to the green smoothies this works better.
Who comes up with the idea to puree green leafy vegetables and fruits in a blender? The genesis
Victoria Boutenko is probably the inventor of the green smoothies. Her family and herself suffered from many diseases ranging from diabetes in adolescence to arrhythmia, hyperthyroidism to asthma and joint inflammation. After being treated with drugs by the doctors, she took her fate into her own hands and switched to raw food for herself and her family. The interesting thing was that after some time the disease symptoms were less and the family was much better.
After seven years of raw food, however, Victoria realized that something was missing, namely the green leafy vegetables. The reason was: the family members just did not like it. By accident she found out that chimpanzees wrap fruits in green leafy vegetables and then consume them. So she came up with the idea of green smoothies and started trying different recipes to make sure her family got the vitamins, minerals and trace elements from green leafy vegetables.
This knowledge has been summarized and shared in some books. An important step, because natural raw foods help many people live healthier lives and increase their vitality.
What belongs in a green smoothie?
There are thousands of recipes for green smoothies. In fact, any green leafy vegetables can be used, such as lamb’s lettuce, other green salads, spinach, chard leaves, kale, and anything else you can find seasonally and would also eat as a salad. With wild herbs or leaves, you should be careful and know them well before they go into the blender.
Benefits of drinking green smoothies daily
- The highest Vital concentration : High bioavailability of the nutrients through tear the cellulose walls of plant cells.
- Secondary plant compounds: These are especially present in green leafy vegetables such as lettuce, spinach, herbs, wild vegetables etc. They are said to have antibacterial and antiviral effects.
- Fiber : Green leafy vegetables are high in fiber. They help to cleanse the intestine and at the same time remove toxins from the body. As a result, blood sugar levels, diabetes risk and cholesterol levels can be lowered.
- Chlorophyll – The Blood of Plants – Sunlight Transformed into Energy: Chlorophyll leaf green is structurally similar to the red blood pigment of our body. Chlorophyll is strongly basic and can be anti-inflammatory. The detoxification of our body is also supported.
Why do we eat so little green vegetables when the benefits are obvious? Often, many people just do not like it. But with some fruit and water to make a green smoothie, it’s easy to get the right amount every day.
Pay attention to organic quality
By using a lot of fresh vegetables and fruits in a smoothie, it should have organic quality if possible. If you are not using organic vegetables, be sure to wash the vegetables under running water very well. In my opinion, it is also important for organic products to know where they came from. So I can recommend subscribing to an organic vegetable box from an organic farmer. The nice thing is that every week you get a new selection delivered home and try vegetables that you might never have bought otherwise.
Which mixer is suitable?
There is a great deal on the market, but which blender is suitable for making green smoothies? Conventional household mixers usually do not have sufficient power, which is needed to shred the leaf green properly and split the cell walls.
A good blender costs between 250-750 €. Make sure it has a high RPM and a powerful engine. 2 hp are ideal. The rotation per minute should be 38,000 revolutions. Such a purchase is worthwhile in any case, because this mixer can also be used very well for the production of soups.
Recipe of SpaCamp 2014 Smoothies
We tried this recipe together during a session at SpaCamp 2014 on the Baltic Sea:
- 4 ripe kiwis – strengthen the immune system
- 200 gr. Green grapes (seedless) – purifying and cleansing
- 100 gr. Baby Spinach (1 gr. Hand full) – official cancer protection vegetables in the USA
- 40 gr. Corn salad (1 small hand full) – high quality iron
- 40 ml aloe vera leaf fillet gel – has 160 important ingredients
- 1 shot of agave thick juice
- 350 ml of water
Mix all ingredients for 90 seconds in the high-performance blender.
Often, green smoothies are the gateway to a new way of life. Through the detoxification of the body a change takes place. The body no longer craves unhealthy but prefers healthy, natural foods. Another advantage is that green smoothies often represent the entry into healthy raw food and the shyness is lost.