Mole is a tiny spot that appears on the body skin. Generally moles are caused due to pigmented skin cells called melanocytes that are grouped together, rather than being evenly distributed. Typically, every human being has around ten to fifty moles, as per doctor’s approximation. There are several treatments for removing these moles. You can go for surgical treatment for removal or you may even try some natural remedies.
Moles can black or brown, but there are red moles also. Red moles can be quite alarming. Similar to other regular mole on neck, they are considered to be partly, as hereditary. If your father, mother or someone from your grandparents or ancestors had these red moles which are harmless, you will probably have the same.
- Red moles generally appears on the skin parts that are not exposed to sunlight, such as heels, armpits and genitals areas.
- However, they are more common on the face, arms, torso and your legs.
- If red moles are exposed to sunlight regularly and for longer period of time, they may increase in size. At this point they are an indication of causing skin cancer.
- Protecting skin from sun exposure will reduce the chances of getting red freckles.
Red moles are usually normal, but if these moles start changing the color than it is quite a worrying sign. If the red mole keeps its shape intact and does not grow in size and that it does not have a round or an oval border, it can be safely ignored. But, when exposed to the sun very often, it may carry a risk of cancer. Also, care should be taken that they are not scratched as the irritation due to it could lead to possibility of melanoma.
All probable efforts should be taken as early as possible if the red moles on the skin start showing variations in color as well as size. For an effectual cure,
- It is very important that the changes in the moles are detected soon and at an early stage. Since melanoma is a kind of skin cancer, and once it starts enlarging, its spread over to other parts of the body cannot be stopped and it may lead to severe problems even death.
- If you have red moles on your skin and specifically as you grow older it is always advisable that you have a routine checkup of your body. One of the easiest and convenient ways to examine your body is during shower. While you might not be much qualified medically, but no one knows your own body better than you do.
Therefore red moles must be checked for all the danger signs those mentioned above. You can even consult a good and well-known dermatologist in this case. Today, there are many products and techniques developed for the removal of moles. With the advancement of internet, life has become more easier.